Version 3.3 of the Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App is available today for the Android platform. This is a significant milestone because the app now integrates with online Lightning Path content and user forums.
From the main menu, a user login option is included which authenticates the user against the user database on the main Lightning path website. Once a user is authenticated, links to online content from within the app can then be accessed, leading to appropriate online content for the user’s login level becoming available.
Download version 3.3 from the Google Play store now!
A complete changelog is provided below:
Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App version 3.3
- released 11/10/2014
- LP_APP_1 tacked onto user agent string (sent wiht all HTTP requests)
- XMLHttpRequest used in INDEX.HTML to call lp_app_wp_login.php
- Added Hi Res splash screen under splash
- INDEX.HTML now links to online content (LP News and LP User Forums)
- Updated Manifest to remove “no title bar” option from MainMenuActivity
- MainMenuActivity now creates Action Bar
- The ActionBar now displays “Displaying online content…” when linking to an HTTP:\\ page
- The ActionBar now contains a button to “return to app”
- MainMenuActivity is no longer “hidden” while loading HTTP pages. Instead a ProgressDialog is displayed and the TitleBar becomes “Loading…”
- Cleaned up project some, removing un-used layout XML files
- minSdkVersion set to 11 [to support ActionBar API]
- setAllowUniversalAccessFromFileURLs set on webView to make sure we can call lp_app_wp_login
Version 3.2 of the Google Play edition of the The Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App was uploaded to Google today.
This version supports the ability to log-in to the app, by authenticating against the user database on the main LP site. Once logged in, users can unlock the content of all curriculum packages as part of their LP site subscription.
Version 2.4 of the Amazon.com edition of the The Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App was uploaded to Amazon today.
This update brings the Amazon.com version of the app to feature parity with the Google Play edition.
Version 3.1 of the Google Play edition of the The Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App was uploaded to Google today.
This version fixes a small bug that would cause the app to crash if no .PDF viewer is available on the device.
(Now, instead of crashing, a user-friendly error message is displayed, informing the user of the necessity of downloading a .PDF viewer first from the app store.)
The Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App version 3.0 is now available on the Google Play Store. This release addresses a long-standing problem with certain Android versions, which has prevented many users from being able to correctly use the app.
Download the Lightning Path Mystery School and Archetype App now: